The Digital Humanities Congress in Portugal: Building bridges and break down barriers in the digital age was held in the Faculty of Social and Human Sciences, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, on 8 and 9 October 2015.
It has been organized by: Daniel Alves, Manuel Portela, Rita Marquilhas e Dália Guerreiro.
Members of the Scientific Comittee:
– Amélia Polónia, Universidade do Porto
– Daniel Gomes, Fundação para a Computação Científica Nacional
– Diana Santos, Universidade de Oslo
– Helena Barbas, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
– José Luís Borbinha, Instituto Superior Técnico
– Luís Espinha da Silveira, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
– Manuela Martins, Universidade do Minho
– Maria Isabel Rocha Roque, Universidade Europeia
– Maria Manuel Borges, Universidade de Coimbra
– Pedro Rangel Henriques, Universidade do Minho
IHC – Instituto de História Contemporânea, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Centro de Linguística da Universidade de Lisboa
CLP – Centro de Literatura Portuguesa, Universidade de Coimbra
CIDEHUS-UE/FCT – Centro Interdisciplinar de História, Culturas e Sociedades da Universidade de Évora
AHDig – Associação das Humanidades Digitais
FCT – Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia
Programa de Doutoramento FCT em Materialidades da Literatura
It was registered a relevant participation, with 160 inscriptions. It were submitted 120 communications, 75 of them were selected and presented in the Congress.
The congresso was released through its electonic page, Facebook and Twiter. To manage and review the proposals,it was been used the Easychair and to manage the inscriptions it was been used the Eventbrite; also it was been used to word processors, spreadsheets, image editors, communication programs via the Internet, etc .
Comments about the Congress, signed by por Maria Isabel Roque are available at:
Photographs of the congress are available at the site.